Nizamabad: Finally South Central Railway completed 176 Kilometers length Peddapally-Nizamabad Railway line. MP Kavitha shared the news via Facebook and Twitter: Decades of dream realised Prioritizing Rail-Route connectivity, inaugurated Peddapally-NZB Rail-Line along with Shri SureshPrabhu Ji
Telangana Government spent nearly 1,500 cores on this project from the beginning. Nizamabad MP Kalvakuntla Kavitha put special focus on this project for releasing funds, in 2014-15 released 50 cores, 15-16 released 134.80 cores, 16-17 released 70 cores and 17-18 released 25 cores.
Fact’s behind Nizamabad Peddapally Railway line
- Hyderabad Nizam proposed Peddapally-Nizamabad Railway line in 1948 to facilitate Telugu people, who settled in Mumbai, Bhivandi, Surat of earlier Maharashtra state.
- But various governments put this project in pending and Telugu Prime Minister P.V. Narsimha Rao laid foundation stone for this project in 1991, but due to the lack of release funds for this railway project, works are run gradually and put aside this project.
- After bifurcation of Telangana state TRS government put pressure on Union government and release more funds for this project.
- It is short distance line between Mumbai and New Delhi, Warangal, Karimnagar people should go to the Mumbai, Shirdi and other places thorough this line.
In this 176 kilometers completed in three phases, Peddapally to Karimnagar, 34 kilometers works completed in first phase, Karimnagar to Jagityal 48 kilometers works completed in second phase and Jagityal to Nizamabad 94 kilometers works are completed in third phase. In thirds phase Jagityal to Morthad completed six months back and now Morthad-Nizamabad section finally.
- Railway safety commissioner conducted security tests one month back and give clearance for Nizamabad-Morthad section.